httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Endecott" <spam_from_apache_de...@chezphil.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy: Is smax=0 allowed ?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:36:45 GMT
dev-digest-help@httpd.apache.org wrote:
> Seems like you are right about the smax=0.
>
> Luckily for you, according to the documentation you may control the persistency
> of the backend connection with the environment variable proxy-nokeepalive

Well, I can use that to switch of persistency, i.e. I can get "smax=0
ttl=0".  I don't think I can use that to get "smax=0 ttl=60", can I?

I'm going to have another look at the source, and see whether I can
change the sentinel value for "smax not specified" from 0 to -1, so
that 0 can really mean zero.  But since I have never looked at this
code before it would be useful to get some input from someone who knows
more about it first.  Is the mod_proxy code from trunk likely to work
with my 2.2.4 system, or should I start with the 2.2.4 mod_proxy source?

Regards,

Phil.

(I'm subscribed to the digest so I'll see any replies sooner if you Cc: me)