httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 2.2.7
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:35:10 GMT

On Sep 27, 2007, at 11:04 AM, Fran├žois wrote:

> 2007/9/27, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>:
>

> > Furthermore, Apache for Windows will only continue to exist if
> there is a steady flow of these volunteers. This (dev@) is the
> forum in which they operate. This, also, is not a threat, but a
> plain statement of the reality of how this operates.
>
> I do agree, but aren't ApacheLounge people volunteers to make
> things move ? I really don't care about Apache for Windows, but,
> what about creating commiters access for these guys if they want to
> be active ?

As we all know, commit access is something earned, and it's not
only based on your coding abilities but how well you work
within the collaborative, communal aspect of ASF projects.

Official ASF development is done here, on this list. So that
would be a good place for people to start who are interested
in really contributing to Apache... right here. Post bugs
here and on BUGZ. Post analysis results here... patches
too. Suggest improvements here. But to instead try to
encourage that development to happen elsewhere, instead of
here does not help at all.