httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Steffen" <i...@apachelounge.com>
Subject Re: 2.2.7
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:05:18 GMT
There is the ASF statement/promise:

"Modules compiled for Apache 2.2 should continue to work for all 2.2.x
releases."

So I expect that modules have *not* to be new compiled.
It is quite confusing for our users en authors have to maintain in most
cases up to 4 versions. What about the Magic Number ?

Btw.
I guess (when I see the downloads)  already a few thousands (production)
sites are running the 2.2.6 version from the ApacheLounge*. Not a single
problem report received, all running well including mod_perl and other mods
which are failing with the ASF build.

So for this moment the Windows Community has no need to hurry a new 2.2.7.
We are also a little afraid that same things can happen as with the
unusually closely 2.2.5==>2.2.6 process, a broken build.

Steffen
www.apachelounge.com
*not affiliated with the Apache Software Foundation or with the Apache HTTP
Server Project