httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Steffen" <i...@apachelounge.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache 2.2.6, 2.0.61 and 1.3.39 release candidate tarballs for review
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:25:07 GMT

> I'm assuming the "we" is you, right?

It is not just me. We are a team and of course the users. Just as an example
the other post from me here which is a report from an other webmaster. I
report here test results from the Apache Windows Community from the Apache
Lounge,  mostly I receive them by mail.

To give an idea, there are almost 80.000 thousand  downloads 2.2.4 from the
two primary sites of the  Apache Lounge. I have no figures from the mirrors
and others who are making it available, I think an extra few thousand.

I respect that you want to release. But it is a pity that we have leave them
in the dark with 2.2.6 .  But on the other hand, for me, 2.2.6 has minor
changes over 2.2.5. Maybe we have to patch 2.2.6 to get it error-free.

Yes we all aware that 2.2.5 is not released and when they download they are
informed that it is/was a test-release. Don't worry too much, not a lot
windows users are posting on the lists. I shall put a an extra note that
they cannot expect response on the lists.

Btw.
The authors of the modules are investigating the issues right now. I do not
expect that they are coming soon with solutions.

Steffen