httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Dumpleton" <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OS/X + Cisco VPN == trouble
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 01:02:34 GMT
On 24/08/07, Ian Holsman <lists@holsman.net> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> This one is frustrating me to no end, and was wondering if some BSD/OSX
> guru can help  me out a bit.
>
> I'm using the trunk, and trying to start apache, but I keep getting a
> lock/sem problem
>
> [Fri Aug 24 10:51:53 2007] [emerg] (28)No space left on device: Couldn't
> create accept lock
>
> this only happens if I have run the VPN. when I reboot it works great
> (until I check into the VPN).
>
> from what I can see this error is usually caused by running out of
> sempahores, but ipcs doesn't show any.
> and to make matters worse, it only started happening about 2 weeks ago.

As a workaround while you resolve why you are running out of mutexes
and/or how to increase the number, use AcceptMutex directive to have
it use a different mutex mechanism.

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#acceptmutex

This question was perhaps more appropriate for user list and not
developers list.

Graham