httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: T&R schedule
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2007 14:42:15 GMT

On Aug 4, 2007, at 8:01 AM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 08/03/2007 06:21 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Lets shoot for a T&R of 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 on Aug 10th... That
>> means a possible release on the 13th. That way, admins
>> aren't compelled to upgrade before/during the weekend (other-
>> wise, T&R on the 8th and release on the 10th would make
>> sense)
>
> +1 in general, but I think the timing of T&R should be independent
> from admins needs. It should be more driven by the ability of
> people to test the RC.

Actually, it's both, with the pref, of course, given
to actual testing. However, coming from the fact that,
from the beginning, we developers were also users (and
admins), we maintain an affinity for the troubles and
turmoils of being an admin, and try to avoid doing
releases right before the weekend or holidays, if
we can help it.