httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r569204 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/experimental: config.m4 mod_rewrite_filter.c mod_sedfilter.c
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 02:21:34 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 8/23/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm happy with a number of alternative names, mod_pcre_filter, mod_text_filter,
>> mod_subst_filter, whatever, a number come to mind. The fact is, mod_sed_filter
>> was nothing close to a sed implementation.
>
> I hate "mod_rewrite_filter". That's just asking for confusion with
> mod_rewrite. I prefer any of the above suggestions. (But then again,
> I'm not planning to make the change myself, so feel free to ignore me.)

I changed it, I'll be happy (urp) to change it again

  [ ] mod_pcre_filter
  [ ] mod_text_filter
  [ ] mod_subst_filter
  [ ] mod_rewrite_filter

My vote is the last one.  Here's my thought...

...I believe we should extend the module to also accept env replacements
from the current request.  Sure, it's not there yet, but with that feature,
it maps to rewrite more closely than most anything.

But cast away, and I'll switch.

Bill