httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Vhosts running as different userids (was: Re: Inclusion of mpm-itk into HEAD)
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 03:15:08 GMT
Vegard Svanberg wrote:
> In the thread "Inclusion of mpm-itk into HEAD", Paul Querna
> (467FEFD7.6010504@force-elite.com) and Joshua Slive's
> (e498c1660706250922w3bb509c4vb3c181e60c7886e7@mail.gmail.com) posts on
> June 25th brings up a "streamlined proxy approach" (my words) to
> separate apache processes user ids, most commonly a very much
> wanted/requested feature in (large) virtual hosted environments.
>
> I've looked through the archives, but have not seen this mentioned again
> since then. I was wondering if this has been discussed any further,
> possibly moved to other mailing lists, and/or if it's been added to a
> roadmap for future releases.

None of the above.  There has been activity on the www.apache.org/wiki/httpd
site w.r.t. setting up per-user hosts in parallel, but not much else.

It takes a specific developer hacking at a solution, and for the developer
to respond to the concerns/criticisms, to ultimately end up with code that
we might incorporate in svn trunk.

Bill