httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: Apachelounge problems
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:56:38 GMT
On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 10:57:10AM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Released s/w is very very different from s/w that people can
> obtain from trunk via svn themselves. The former is an
> official distribution of a software project from the PMC (and
> hence the ASF). The latter is not.

So what though? The *vast* majority of Apache users use versions which
were not released by us. There's the Debian/Ubuntu version, the RedHat
versions, the BSD versions, the Covalent versions and so on and on.

Like I said, as long as ApacheLounge makes clear that the versions it
carries are not ASF releases, it's certainly permitted by the license
and not the least bit out of the ordinary.