httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: Apachelounge problems
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:54:42 GMT
On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 06:31:01PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>  * does it correspond to the tag?
>  * is it correctly licensed?
>  * is it correctly packaged?
>  * are any additions that appear to have IP encumbrances?
>  * does it build?
>  * does it run?
>  * does it pass the perl-framework regression tests?
>
> Since it isn't a release, you don't want to 'ship' it.

Who are we to impose our practises on someone else? ApacheLounge clearly
does *want* to ship it, as is manifestly evident by the fact it does it
so regularly. ApacheLounge can use whatever aribtrary criteria it
likes for creating its releases - as long as it makes sure there is
no confusion that they are ASF releases.

The BSD ports trees regularly contain builds that don't meet the above
btw. And I don't think I've *ever* come accross a Linux package that
corresponded to the tag.