httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Vegard Svanberg <>
Subject Re: Vhosts running as different userids (was: Re: Inclusion of mpm-itk into HEAD)
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 09:25:19 GMT
* William A. Rowe, Jr. <> [2007-08-05 05:15]:

> > I've looked through the archives, but have not seen this mentioned again
> > since then. I was wondering if this has been discussed any further,
> > possibly moved to other mailing lists, and/or if it's been added to a
> > roadmap for future releases.
> None of the above.  There has been activity on the
> site w.r.t. setting up per-user hosts in parallel, but not much else.

OK. Say you have a server with 1000 vhosts, what performance penalties
must be expected from this solution? Just more memory (and if so,
roughly how much)?

> It takes a specific developer hacking at a solution, and for the developer
> to respond to the concerns/criticisms, to ultimately end up with code that
> we might incorporate in svn trunk.

Yes, I'm aware of that. One of the reasons for asking was to check if
this is the preferred way of "fixing this problem" or if there are other
(possibly better) suggestions out there.

Thank you for your replies.

Vegard Svanberg <> [*Takapa@IRC (EFnet)]

View raw message