httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r560689 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/filters/mod_deflate.c
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2007 12:34:31 GMT
On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 13:46:23 +0200
Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> > This bit is also broken - unsetting C-L here is wrong presumably
> > because the HTTP input filter no longer knows how to fetch the
> > request body. t/modules/deflate.t in the test suite triggers the
> > issue; removing that unset fixes it.
>
> I have not investigated this further, but shouldn't the request body
> run through the HTTP input filter first before it runs through the
> inflate input filter?

Yep.

>	 The request body may have a chunked transfer
> encoding that needs dechunking first. And the HTTP input filter only
> needs the Content-Length header the very first time as it stores its
> contents in its filter context.

A possible issue here is where a handler reading the contents
requires the content-length header and fails without it (the
old REQUEST_CHUNKED_* stuff gives handlers the OK to do that).
We can fix this by reinserting content-length (at an obvious
cost) if a handler requires it.  But that's another filter.

> > Also simply removing content-range is a semantic change, so I can't
> > see how that is correct.  If the filter cannot adjust content-range
> > appropriately it should either do nothing or fail, I'd say.
>
> I agree with this. See my additional mail from today.

And mine.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/