httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: 1.3 bugs
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:21:43 GMT
On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 19:16:16 -0400
"Joshua Slive" <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

> On 8/2/07, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
>
> > As for 2.x bugs, there are quite a few which are going to be
> > harder to deal with.  Perhaps we want a new "Archived" status,
> > for PRs which have merit but which aren't going to get 'fixed'.
> > Particularly those with PatchAvailable.
>
> I would just use "Later".

I don't think that really works where there are no clear 'owners'
of different components.  I'm thinking of "Archived" as a kind-of
repository for patches that would be inappropriate for the standard
distribution (e.g. they break RFC) but are exactly right for some
users with particular needs.

Not an ideal solution, but perhaps a least-bad option in a world
where round tuits for maintaining anything more elaborate are
in perpetually short supply.

The other option is to designate module owners, who will then take
primary responsibility for all bugzilla entries affecting their
modules.  That doesn't have to mean fixing them, but it would mean
taking the decision on things like WONTFIX/LATER/???

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/