httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Endecott" <spam_from_apache_de...@chezphil.org>
Subject Re: auth dbd pgsql issues
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 18:17:50 GMT
Chris Darroch wrote:
> Phil Endecott wrote:
>
>> OK; my experience seems to be that in this respect 2.2.4 has regressed
>> compared to 2.2.3 (though I may have been lucky in some way with my
>> 2.2.3 setup) and certainly compared to 2.0.x + the 3rd-party
>> mod_auth_pgsql.  I don't know if this affects how the issue is
>> prioritised for inclusion in future versions.  I would love to see
>> working authn_dbd ASAP.
>
>    We have mod_authn_dbd + mod_dbd working but we use the trunk
> version of mod_dbd.c.  It's a drop-in replacement for 2.2.x's
> mod_dbd.c; you can just copy it into 2.2.4 and recompile.

$ svn cat
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/database/mod_dbd.c
> mod_dbd.c
$ apxs2 -c mod_dbd.c
# apxs2 -i mod_dbd.la
# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

..and it works.  (Well, for all of 5 minutes so far.)

I'm also pleased to see that performance is quite reasonable.  I had
assumed that I would need to add some sort of credentials caching, and
have posted about this here before.  But it looks as if, with a
persistent connection, PostgreSQL responds very quickly and takes very
little CPU to do so.

Many thanks for your help.

Phil.