httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Most likely 1.3 1st then 2.x
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:02:38 GMT

On Aug 24, 2007, at 7:47 PM, Sander Temme wrote:

> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>
>> On 08/24/2007 02:54 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> To be honest, I can't see holding off the 1.3 release any longer
>>> while we're waiting on APR as well as stuff is being added
>>> to the 2.x trees... It's kind of embarrassing.
>
> +1.
>
>> As far as I understand this "downgrade" scenario is one of the
>> reasons
>> why we aim to release all stable branches at the same point of time.
>
> It might help to keep the release quiet: put the code out there and
> update the page, but keep it off the front page and out of the public
> channels.
>
> We can even do the same for 2.0.x once we have our regression
> fixed, and
> then make a splash for all three when 2.2.x is done.

This is all well and good, except, to be honest, how confident
are we that 2.x will be released any time soon? If they
were, I'd say wait and release/announce all 3 together.

We've pushed back the releases at least 3 times already;
1.3 is ready; 2.0 and 2.2 aren't, yet, and we have no
real idea when then will be. Like I said, I can't
see keeping 1.3.38 from our 1.3 users simply because
2.x isn't ready....