httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject PATCH 19441: mod_cache RFC2616 violation
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:13:41 GMT
Hi,

I submitted a simple patch that fixes the above mentioned PR, and then some.

1. All of the Cache-Control request directives are ignored. As a consequence, end-to-end reload
is for example not possible. Originally ap_cache_check_freshness() read the Cache-Control
header from ((cache_handle_t) h)->req_hdrs. Turns out this never contains the Cache-Control
header. The patch changes this so it is read from the request record instead ((request_rec)r->headers_in.
This is also what is done in Apache 2.2.4 which does not exhibit this problem.

RFC2616, the no-cache request directive should prevent a cache from serving a cached response
to such a request, but not from saving it in cache. Apache 2.2.4 behaves as I would expect
it to, i.e. saves the response (provided it is cacheable).

I would love to move to 2.2.4, but I am prevented to do so for the next 12 months by dependencies
to third-party modules.

rgds
-ascs