httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@remulak.net>
Subject [Patch]: Two versions of a patch providing Rebind callback capability for LDAP refreral chasing.
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:10:51 GMT
While I wait for sufficient karma to commit to apr(-util) trunk I figured I'd
start the discussion about this patch. It adds rebind callback support into
Apache/APR so that referrals can be chased in cases where the LDAP server does
not accept anonymous binds during referral chasing.

The intent is to get this backported into the 2.2 branch so, although I believe
it makes most sense to use the SplitRebind* patch below (in which much of the
code is in APR), I fear that that may limit backporting support. I provided
the AllApacheRebind patch as a way to (possibly) make backporting more palatable.
Either way, the code is pretty much the same except for which files contain
which code.

In evaluating/verifying these patches you would look at either:
   SplitRebind_Apache.diff + SplitRebind_apr-util.diff

           -- OR --
   AllApacheRebind.diff

--
Paul J. Reder