httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r557188 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/support/win32/ApacheMonitor.c
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:15:04 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> mturk@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: mturk
>> Date: Wed Jul 18 01:02:21 2007
>> New Revision: 557188

>> Log:
>> Simplify OS detection. We are only interested in NT
>> and WIN2K+ (so we can use services.msc)
>
> Can we assume that version Vista+1 is a superset of Vista?  I would
> presume as much.

I think so. Anyhow the only need for OS detection is for
NT/9x detection and for WIN2K+ that have services.msc
(Including WIN2K, XP, WIN2K3, VISTA, and hopefully followers)

However if post VISTA will have something different then
services.msc we would need to have detection for that.

Regards,
Mladen.