httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpd returns 500 when a route does not belong to the balancer.
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:59:07 GMT
jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to fix a problem in mod_proxy_balancer when the
> configuration is something like:
> +++
>   <Location /myapp>
>     ProxyPass balancer://mycluster/myapp
> stickysession=JESSSIONID|jsessionid nofailover=On
>   </Location>
>
>   <Location /titi>
>     ProxyPass balancer://mytiti/titi stickysession=JESSSIONID|jsessionid
> nofailover=On
>   </Location>
>
>   <Proxy balancer://mytiti>
>     BalancerMember ajp://jfcpc:8009 smax=10 timeout=10 route=test2
>   </Proxy>
>   <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
>     BalancerMember ajp://neo:8009 smax=10 timeout=10 route=toto
>   </Proxy>
> +++
> When jumping from /myapp with a JSESSIONID=id.test2 to /titi httpd
> returns 500 but it should have ignored the route test2 because it
> doesn't belong to any of the members of the balancer corresponding to
> the location.
>
> Find attached a patch to fix the problem.
>
> Comments?

Hmm, "nofailover=On" is used for non-matched routes.
It returns 500 instead forcing re-login (if there is no session replication
or SSO, and that's why it was designed at the first place)

If you have cross site then simply use nofailover=Off and then your app
will either require re-login or continue working if there is SSO/session replication.

-0.5 on the patch, cause IMO commenting nofailover should make things work.

Regards,
Mladen.