httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: mod_dbd updates
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:05:49 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:39:04 -0400
Tom Donovan <donovant@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> Please consider fixing the stale connection problem in apr-util per
> bug 42841, rather than fixing it just in the mysql driver.

This is a different question.  It's a point where different drivers
are altogether different.  My current thinking is that check_conn
should NOT establish a new connection in drivers like MySQL that
need per-connection prepared statements, and that mod_dbd will
then retry (once) when a connection fails.  But that's now waiting
for a clean startingpoint.

Your proposal is different again, and really belongs on dev@apr,
not here, as it's entirely an APR decision.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/