httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Endecott" <spam_from_apache_de...@chezphil.org>
Subject PostgreSQL authentication in 2.2; caching?
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:58:57 GMT
Dear Experts,

A few days ago I posted a question with this subject on the users
lists, but have got no replies:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.user/69944

The summary is:

- Currently I'm using 2.0 with a 3rd-party mod_auth_pgsql.
- In 2.2 I would presumably use the core DB-backed auth framework.
- As far as I am aware, the core DB-backed auth modules don't implement
caching of credentials.  The 2.0 mod_auth_pgsql that I'm currently
using does have this, and it's essential for my application.
- There is a mod_authn_cache at
http://mod-auth.sourceforge.net/docs/mod_authn_cache/ but it looks a
bit abandoned; does anyone know anything about it?
- Ideally I would also want the cache to be flushed when the database
is changed; this could be done using PostgreSQL's asynchronous
notification feature.  I imagine that I would have to do this myself.
I mentioned this here ages ago when I first considered moving to 2.2:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.devel/23903/focus=23904
If anyone would be interested in helping me implement this I would love
to hear from them.

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards,

Phil.