httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Bug report for Apache httpd-2 [2007/07/01]
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 00:17:37 GMT
On 03.07.2007, at 01:44, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
>> http://people.apache.org/~erikabele/httpd/bugstats/
> looks very great; but seems that only the 1.3.x stats are uptodate
> - the 2.x stats unfortunately stop at 2005/11/27 ...

Ooops, right, something seems to be broken, will have a look.

>> for some more motivation :-)
> hmm, but one person alone cant do anything;
> if someone picks up a bug and tries to solve it some feedback of
> others is required...

Sure, didn't imply anything :)

> so we would need some common agreement that we make a bugfix round
> and concentrate on that for a while; and if one asks for feedback
> on a solution that feedback is given until there's a solution to
> the issue.

Yep though that's not always possible with volunteer-based
development; anyway, I'd assume that if one person starts to give
some bugs some more visibility e.g. by posting them to the dev list,
then the comments will come... otoh there are quite some people very
active on bugzilla so it's not that nothing is happening over there :)

> BTW. the monthly bug reports are not online somewhere available, or?

They're in the mailing list archives, but not published separately
afaik.

> How do you collect the data?

No magic involved, see http://people.apache.org/~erikabele/httpd/
bugstats/genstats