httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing the default httpd.conf
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:07:32 GMT
Hi Mario,
> I've noticed that most newbies to httpd apache have theier difficults with
> changing
> the doc_root.
> The path DocumentRoot "c:/Apache2/htdocs" isn't near by
> # This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.

> Is there a chance to change that?
> IMHO it would make it easier for newbies.

I thought I sent you already my VBS script which tries to fix the path, or?

anyway, I've just looked a bit again into it, and fixed some more things...
although the script is certainly far away from beeing perfect - it does at least in most cases
fix the base directory in all conf files:
http://www.gknw.net/development/apache/httpd-2.2/win32/Ap2Install_vbs.zip

please give it a try, and check how it works - I expect some probs with paths containing blanks
where I forgot to quote them, but that should be fixable....

for testing its a good idea to first save your current conf directory (f.e. zip it);
then put the script into the bin directory and click it....

greets, Guenter.