httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Inclusion of mpm-itk into HEAD
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:07:29 GMT
On 6/27/07, Rici Lake <rici@ricilake.net> wrote:

> If the user servers are listening on high ports, then they can be
> started as the user/group rather than as root, and the owner could
> have quite a bit of flexibility in configuring their server. It's
> quite possible that less reliance on .htaccess files would actually
> compensate for the additional cost of running multiple server
> instances.

Good point. I moved some of this discussion into its own section,
since it applies equally to the main example.

I also removed your comments about needing separate LockFile/etc
locations, since its not true in recent versions. (These files are
created with the pid of the parent process appended to ensure they are
unique.)

Joshua.