httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "sonia mukherjee" <sonia...@gmail.com>
Subject rewrite url with query string causing issues
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:12:06 GMT
hi,

 I have an API written in c++ which communicates with Apache to give access
to resources. The problem faced is, if i configure a rewrite rule such that

* http://mohsaswks36358.clearcase.com:4444/ows/printenv *is an alias of*
http://mohsaswks36358.clearcase.com:4444/cgi-bin/printenv.pl?map=public.map
*

 When we append a query string while accessing the alias i.e.*
http://mohsaswks36358.clearcase.com:4444/ows/printenv?xyz=abc *then apache
without my API into picture shows the query string as* "map=
public.map&xyz=abc" *(expected) but when my API comes into picture it shows
the query string as

*"xyz=abc" **the original query**  "map=public.map" **is lost.*

while debugging i found out that in the webfiltercontext when value of query
string is pulled from apache it only gets*  xyz=abc** as query parameter**.
**But if i acess**
http://mohsaswks36358.clearcase.com:4444/ows/printenv **my API
pulls the original query"**map=public.map**". Could you please suggest me a
sample method by which I will be able to pull up the original as well the
later added query.*

**

Thank you in advance

sonia