httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_ajp or mod_proxy_http?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:46:03 GMT
On Thu, June 14, 2007 3:27 pm, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> I'm trying to understand why mod_proxy_ajp exists and what it provides
> that mod_proxy_http doesn't.
>
> ajp13 is a binary protocol which should make the ajp13 tomcat connector
> a bit more efficient than the http11 connector; an incremental
> performance improvement. obtained at the expense of added complexity.
> Does mod_proxy_ajp provide any other function not available in
> mod_proxy_http? I'm trying to decide which horse to put my chips on :-)

I found the one feature that AJP had on the tomcat side was seamless
integration with SSL on the httpd. Within the webapp, all the isSecure()
methods Just Worked(TM).

Apart from that, I usually deploy mod_proxy_httpd where I can, because
myself and my trusty telnet client can speak HTTP.

Regards,
Graham