httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: ProxyTimeout Revisited
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:55:02 GMT
I think you need to make a distinction between the timeout *attribute*
on a BalancerMember and the one on a balancer itself. At least the code
does the distinction (2.2.4).

a) timeout for a Balancermember (aka worker): timeout waiting for a read
or write on an existing backend connection to complete.

b) timeout for a balancer: if it can't get a connection from the pool,
it will try again in intervals of timeout*1000/100 milliseconds until
timeout seconds have expired (i.e. 100 times) or it managed to get a
connection,

I think the documentation does not correctly document the code for the
a) part!

Regards,

Rainer