httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: ProxyTimeout Revisited
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:34:25 GMT
Okay, I'm still wondering about the future behavior based on the "Re:
ProxyTimeout does not work as documented" thread (which is why I'm
bothering the dev mailing list, since the thread is from there), but
after some testing the current (2.2.4) behavior is clearly that:

   1. If no timeout is specified on proxy workers:
          * They will wait indefinitely for a free connection to the
            back end.
          * They will wait for ProxyTimeout or 300 seconds for a
            response from the back end servers.
   2. If a timeout is specified on proxy workers:
          * They will use this timeout as the time to wait for a free
            connection.
          * They will use this timeout as the time to wait for a
            response from the back end servers.

Everything but the last bullet item of (2) is crystal clear from the
documentation.  That last bullet was clear as mud to me from the docs,
though.

--
Jess Holle