httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: ProxyTimeout Revisited
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:51:55 GMT
As I understand mod_proxy_* and APR code, the BalancerManager timeout
will set a timeout for individual read and write attempts to backend
connections.

So it neither correlates to an idle timeout on the connection (see ttl
and smax) neither to a request timeout in the sense of a limit to the
full request handling time.

The timeout starts whenever something is expected to get read or
written. So most of the times it should fire, when retrieving the
initial response packets takes longer than this timeout, or your backend
starts to hang in the middle of request processing.

Regards,

Rainer