httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Schiltknecht <mar...@bluegap.ch>
Subject Blind Requests
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:17:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm wondering if I can start 'blind' requests from my module, i.e. ones
which don't have a connection to a client (no socket).

I would like to run an async sub request. Meaning: a normal request
triggers such an async and blind (i.e. no socket) request but then
terminates before the blind request terminates.

Of course I could simply use threads in my module, but I'd rather like
to use the MPM. And I'm missing of apache's request handling within such
an own thread.

I've been searching in the sources, in the hope to find something like
'ap_fork_subrequest' or 'ap_create_thread_for_subrequest'. But -
presumably due to the MPM flexibility - there's no such thing.

Any hints or tips on where to search?

Regards

Markus