httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Brandt ...@nasa30.com>
Subject AW: Changing the default httpd.conf
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:19:45 GMT
Hi Guenter,

the new scripts works fine. I knew only the older one.
It would be nice to have the choise to install the service or not ;-)
Your script is not in the normal msi file from ASF and the learining
effect to get to know the large httpd.conf is nearly zero.

I understand the httpd.conf better than my girlfriend :-p
But most newbies don't.

regards
Mario

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Guenter Knauf [mailto:fuankg@apache.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2007 18:08
An: dev@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Changing the default httpd.conf

Hi Mario,
> I've noticed that most newbies to httpd apache have theier difficults with
> changing
> the doc_root.
> The path DocumentRoot "c:/Apache2/htdocs" isn't near by
> # This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.

> Is there a chance to change that?
> IMHO it would make it easier for newbies.

I thought I sent you already my VBS script which tries to fix the path, or?

anyway, I've just looked a bit again into it, and fixed some more things...
although the script is certainly far away from beeing perfect - it does at
least in most cases fix the base directory in all conf files:
http://www.gknw.net/development/apache/httpd-2.2/win32/Ap2Install_vbs.zip

please give it a try, and check how it works - I expect some probs with
paths containing blanks where I forgot to quote them, but that should be
fixable....

for testing its a good idea to first save your current conf directory (f.e.
zip it);
then put the script into the bin directory and click it....

greets, Guenter.