httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.58 on i5/OS question
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 11:44:25 GMT
On 5/3/07, Henri Gomez <henri.gomez@gmail.com> wrote:
> While working on porting latest mod_jk on i5/OS V5R4, I see on this
> platform a different behaviour than on stock Apache 2.0.x
> implementations.

One way to look at it:

You're working with an IBM product based on Apache, not Apache itself.
 Nobody here actually knows how some of the behaviors have been
modified for that platform.  Furthermore, the product Infocenter
(documentation) apparently does not describe such differences, though
it does make some reference to Apache and APR APIs.

The way to resolve this is to open a PMR with IBM support to report
that the product documentation is incomplete and that clarification of
the behaviors in question is required to enable some third-party
modules with the web server product.  That should drive an update to
the Infocenter as well as educate the developers that this type of
information is required by some customers.