httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [mod_wombat] Feature state
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 17:03:38 GMT

On May 1, 2007, at 1:49 AM, Jan Sch├╝tze wrote:

> *Base Dir & Safemode*
> Do we got something like this(e.g. like in php), yet?

If by Base Dir you mean a base path for relative paths in
configuration, it's done. If you man something else, I don't know
what you mean.

Safe mode: only what is built into Lua

> *complex & simple post/get vars*
> Already tested it on the old svn, so I expect it to work still.

Umh. What are complex and simple post/get vars? If you mean parsing
of form encoded post data and CGI's standard uri params, that is
still there via libapreq2. I epxect libapreq2 to become optional in
mod_wombat at some unspecified date in the future (prior to a stable
release) in which case you could use Kepler's parsing magic as an
alternative.

> *Dis(/En)able loading of .dll/.so*
> It should be possible to disable loading such files from the
> scripts directory, because it would (/can) allow execution of
> functions, which aren't exported by the default lua-libraries.

Nothing is built into mod_wombat for this and I don't foresee adding
it anytime soon as right now loading lua's bas elibraries requires
some magic to only allow loading certain ones, but I fear that is a
slippery slope. The better approach is probably to limit the load
paths in Lua (which it does by default, really well), rather than
trying to do something in wombat specifically.

> *Inline Error Display*
> Last time while talking with Brian , we noticed that its really
> easy to write a "error handler" in mod_wombat. But one thing I was
> only able to see in log are the syntax parse errors.
> Is there something like an inline-display implemented, yet?

This has not yet been implemented, though it is a planned feature (in
my book).

> *short tags*
> Am not sure if we talked about this yet, but do we have <?lua ?> or
> <% %> tags?
> Though the module follows a handler-style (not executing whole
> script, just calling a handler function), this feature may not be
> implemented, but since its common on most web-scripting languages,
> I ask about its state.

I have no plans to implement a template system as part of mod_wombat.
I know Kepler has one, and it should work fine with mod_wombat.

-Brian