httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r536291 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: STATUS modules/proxy/proxy_util.c
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 12:32:59 GMT

On May 9, 2007, at 8:18 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> On May 8, 2007, at 11:25 AM, jim@apache.org wrote:
>> +#define USE_ALTERNATE_IS_CONNECTED 1
>> +
>> +#if !defined(APR_MSG_PEEK) && defined(MSG_PEEK)
>> +#define APR_MSG_PEEK MSG_PEEK
>> +#endif
>> +
>> +#if USE_ALTERNATE_IS_CONNECTED && defined(APR_MSG_PEEK)
>
> Huh?  Why are we polluting macro space with useless defines?

The USE_ALTERNATE_IS_CONNECTED is to allow that section
to be bypassed (although it should be protected
by a "ifndef USE_ALTERNATE_IS_CONNECTED" to allow
compile time changes I'm guessing). The APR_MSG_PEEK
is so when APR is updated to reflect the
existence of APR_MSG_PEEK, we don't need to touch
this code. Finally, the older version assumed
that MSG_PEEK was defined and the compile would
barf if not; this avoid that.