httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r539063 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/cache/mod_cache.c
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 20:56:28 GMT
On 5/17/07, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
> > +            x = apr_atoi64(max_age_val);
> > +            if (errno) {
> > +                x = conf->defex;
>
> Hm. Shouldn't we adjust the bogus max-age field value in the Cache-Control header in
r->headers_out
> / r->err_headers_out to conf->defex (in seconds of course) in this case?

I thought about doing that - but I came to the idea that our local
cache is doing its own validation, but it shouldn't make its local
expiration decisions binding upon downstream requestors - i.e. it
shouldn't tweak the value under any circumstances.

I can be convinced that's the wrong approach and that we should indeed
normalize it in the event of an error, but my gut says letting is just
pass-through seems right.  -- justin