httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: httpd 1.3 / 2.0 / 2.2 tags this weekend?
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 06:20:06 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I'd like to see new tarballs rolled soonish, given the single significant
> bug that was disclosed earlier today.
>
> Obviously most mass-vhosters are capable of compiling their own binary,
> so providing the seperate-pid-table patch (whoever gets around to writing
> one) resolves any immediate urgency.

I don't believe its a critical security issue -- if you can run code on
the server, as the server process, we can't defend against it.  This
seems to me like a battle line firmly in the scripting languages land.

Anyways, until we have a patch that we can consider, I'm in no hurry.

On APR{,-Util}: Likely a good idea anyways.

-Paul