httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any progress on PR41230 (HEAD issues on cached items)?
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 11:30:33 GMT

On 05/18/2007 02:23 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> why. Also the entity is not physically removed from the cache if it is
>> really stale.
>> This does not matter in the non HEAD case as it gets overwritten by
>> the fresh response,
>> but in the HEAD case it should be physically removed IMO.
>

> Well, because rv == !OK, wouldn't the CACHE_REMOVE_URL filter hit?
> That should do the dirty deed, no?  -- justin

No, as the CACHE_REMOVE_URL filter will only work if there is a
cache->handle or a cache->stale_handle. We have neither, as cache->stale_handle
is set to NULL in the case that the cached entity is *really* stale and we do
not create a new entity (and thus a cache->handle) in the HEAD case.

Regards

RĂ¼diger