httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ProxyPass globbing
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 21:56:21 GMT

On 05/11/2007 11:23 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:

> And of course once you introduce wild char maps there must
> be some sort of exclusion rules.
>
> ProxyPass /*/foo/* balancer://bar
> then for example by extending ProxyBlock
> ProxyBlock /*/foo/*.gif balancer://bar
> or by having an ! in front of path
> ProxyPass !/*/foo/*.gif balancer://bar

Do we really need this?
As we know from Rich's lightning talk at the ApacheCon every directive
can be replaced by a rewrite rule :-).
Seriously, I wouldn't put too much effort in this. If we can get
some globbing easily and ease some of the migrations from mod_jk to
mod_proxy then this is cool. But IMHO if someone has more complex
stuff to solve he should use mod_rewrite. It seems to me like
the natural tool for this. Maybe we should remove something of the
'voodoo aura' of mod_rewrite.

Regards

RĂ¼diger