httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug 41897 / Session-Stickiness with mod_proxy_balancer
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 15:56:07 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 04/06/2007 01:13 PM, Georg von Zezschwitz wrote:
>> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>

>> attached is the patch for trunk with documentation & Co.
>>
>> Could anybody review it & commit?
>
> Many thanks for sending the patch and my apologies that reviewing it took
> that long. Please find my comments below.

I think we could use a simple two use case situation.
To be able to backport that to the 2.2 branch I propose
a following patch.

It adds additional struct member sticky_path that is
set to the sticky so if someone has in the config

... stickysession=JSESSIONID ... both sticky and
sticky_path will be the same.
However if there is a stickysession with
... stickysession=JSESSIONID|;jsessionid ...
will make w->sticky=JSESSIONID and w->sticky_path=;jsessionid

I'm not aware of any other way without introducing additional
directives that could be backported to 2.2

The question is, is that backportable as well?
If it is, I'll put that for a vote in STATUS.

Regards,
Mladen.