httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod proxy disabling workers after a single error
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 22:25:04 GMT
On 04.05.2007 20:16, Brian Hayward wrote:
> Yea, as it currently stands, one timeout is causing us to lose up to
> 10 more transactions during the next second (with retry=1)

With the following patch from trunk you are able to set retry to 0, which
should fix your actual problem:

svn diff -r451574:451575 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk

But I think in general it is not advisable to do this at least if you are
load balancing your backend / having a failover configuration. And even if
you do not have such a configuration from my perspectivce it looks like to
be important to find out why you get these connection timeouts.
So what protocol do you speak with your backend? HTTP? What are the error
messages you see in the error log?

Regards

RĂ¼diger