httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: AW: Windows Vista support?
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 14:42:42 GMT
Your comment about UAC rang a bell for me. I'd forgotten about that. So
I just tried turning UAC off and tried a fresh installation and now it
all works fine! The configuration files are all created correctly, the
service gets installed, and even starts up OK!

The really weird thing is that if I now turn UAC back and try again
(after uninstalling) then it still works better than originally: the
configuration files don't get created and the service doesn't get
installed, but after manually putting some configuration files in place
and installing the service by using the "runas" command (or else by
setting the "Run as administrator" flag on the Properties for httpd.exe)
then I find that the service can now be started, which wasn't originally
possible with UAC on.