httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Piped loggers and APR_SHELLCMD_ENV
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 09:27:12 GMT
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 06:39:48PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> While I'm working on a solution to permit cmd.exe to be launched from
> a service process within Win32, I'm still struck by the inefficiency
> here and feel we need to resolve the core issue.
>  [ ] Revert to "|foo" to invoke foo, and
>      add "|$foo" syntax to launch foo via sh

This would be a regression, it will break working configurations.

>  [ ] Retain "|foo" to invoke foo through sh, and
>      add "||foo" syntax to directly launch foo

No strong objection to doing this, but it seems like a case of adding
config foo to work around an APR bug; though I guess there's a
reasonable argument that it's a useful feature regardless.

Is the APR bug really so intractable?

Regards,

joe