httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject RE: SSL-enabled interaction with MySQL
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:11:31 GMT
Hi Naveen,
> A standalone client is working perfect to provide the SSL layer with the
> database, and it is using the same client lib (libmysqlclient). I used
> common ethereal tool to ensure that everything it does is encrypted. I
> used
> the same mysql_ssl_set() prior to establishing the connection. I simply
> did
> the following :

> mysql_handle=mysql_init(NULL);
> static my_bool opt_ssl_verify_server_cert= 0;

> mysql_ssl_set(mysql_handle, 0, 0, "/root/DIGI_DEPS/newcerts/ca-cert.pem",
> 0,
> 0);
> mysql_options(&mysql_conn,MYSQL_OPT_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT,(char*)&opt_ssl
> _v
> erify_server_cert);

> mysql_handle=mysql_real_connect(&mysql_conn,db_host,
>   conf->db_username,conf->db_password,conf->db_name,db_port,NULL,0);
> .
Since everything you posted sounds perfect, here a shot in the dark:
I see you have a path to the /root directory for the certs. Apache changes indentity when
starting, and it might be a simple access problem perhaps? I would do two things:
- move the certs below a place you make worldwide readable for testing
- insert apr_stat() calls before you try to use the certs, and bail out and write info to
the error log if the certs cant be accessed for whatever reason.

good luck! Guenter.