httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject mod_wombat import complete
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:04:23 GMT
Finally finished up the import of mod_wombat into httpd svn ( http://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_wombat ).

The code has been idle while going through the software grant process
in the incubator. Now that it is here I am eager to start working on
it again.

There are a couple design issues I want to rethink, mostly in the
handling of lua vm creation, right now. Presently it uses a vm
specification approach where you create a struct with the various
knobs that can be applied. It basically means filling out three to
five fields in a struct and passing it to one of a couple methods
depending on the scope you are operating in (request, connection,
server). Right now there is a pretty big matrix of options and it
smells kind of fishy to me. I think something simpler can be done,
but the range of options look valid:

* lifecycle of vm (one shot, request, connection, or server)
* code caching (load it and forget about it vs stat per new vm, vs
load per new vm)
* file which contains root source for the vm being constructed
* array or load paths for the vm

The mod_php approach of "you just get request scoped, deal with it"
is kind of appealing in its simplicity, on the other hand.

Thoughts?

-Brian