httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Dumpleton" <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chunked transfer encoding on responses.
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 07:30:15 GMT
On 07/04/07, André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:
> * Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>
> > Thus my question is, why when Apache was updated to support HTTP/1.1
> > did it just preserve the HTTP/1.0 type behaviour and not in cases
> > where it could automatically apply chunked transfer encoding to the
> > response, apply it?
>
> Hmm, you may get something wrong here. The httpd does apply chunked encoding
> automatically when it needs to. That is in keep-alive situations without
> given or determineable Content-Length.

So it seems. :-(

I dug into the code again and from that worked out that I had managed
to inadvertently disable it in my Apache configuration files by
commenting out the inclusion of extra/httpd-default.conf when I was
trying to debug some issue. Ie., the KeepAlive directive wasn't being
set.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Graham