httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff McAdams <>
Subject Re: mod_dav_acl
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:06:54 GMT
Jari Urpalainen wrote:
> I've written an rfc3744 (ACL) implementation on top of mod_dav module
> (mod_dav_acl: linux, LGPL license, available at
> <>). As I wanted not to
> reinvent the wheel I've added some hooks onto the mod_dav module and
> changed some apis into public ones. Patch for mod_dav module (and some
> fixes to base Apache) is available in the source tarball (some patches
> needed by rfc4791/CalDAV implementation available at
> <>). Any chance or interest
> into getting these patches (or something similar) into the mainline of
> mod_dav ?

> The acl implementation works along with the standard filesystem
> provider. I heard that Subversion developers has some plans on
> implementing rfc3744 as well. At this point I would be very pleased to
> have the needed hooks there in mod_dav but even greater integration
> aren't out of the scope. However, I personally don't have much interest
> beyond linux which this implementation is dependent on and currently
> also depends on extended attribute support on the filesystem.

Oh please oh please oh please oh please!  :)

Seriously though, I'm "just" an end-user/sysadmin using this stuff and
not a developer myself, but I'm been searching and looking and hoping
for a good filesystem-based dav_acl server implementation.

So, I'll put my $.02 in that this is a capability that I have long, long
desired from Apache or something like it.  So, please don't blow this
off for a perceived lack of interest from end-users.  :)
Jeff McAdams
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                       -- Benjamin Franklin

View raw message