httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Children <stu...@terminus.co.uk>
Subject Re: ProxyErrorOverride and redirects (PR 39245)
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:35:03 GMT
Hi

Plüm wrote:
> I guess what Nick is talking about is the body of a redirect response.
> A redirect response is often accompanied by a small HTML page that also
> contains the redirect target as a hyperlink in the case that your client
> does not understand the Location header. While ProxyPassReverse takes care
> of adjusting the Location header nobody takes care of adjusting the HTML
> body of the response with the wrong link. This could be fixed by an ErrorDocument
> for 30x response codes. IMHO only in a static matter.

OK, that makes sense - I can see a usage for that. Though if that was
what I was trying to achieve, I still wouldn't want it removing all my
other headers (which is what happens as a result of going through the
ErrorDocument processing) - so ProxyErrorOverride/ErrorDocument still
seems like the wrong tool for the job. A module with an output filter
that modifies the URLs within the body for redirect responses would be a
better option (maybe as part of mod_prox_http).

Cheers

--
Stuart Children
http://terminus.co.uk/

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also
be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify
the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately.
Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use
the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.

Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer
viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this
e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited
A member of Guardian Media Group PLC
Registered Office
Number 1 Scott Place, Manchester M3 3GG