httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Children <stu...@terminus.co.uk>
Subject Re: ProxyErrorOverride and redirects (PR 39245)
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:23:57 GMT

Joe Orton wrote:
> The original code did only override >= 400 responses, but was broken as
> described in PR 20183.  That was changed to override all >= 300
> was probably really just PR 20183 in disguise:

> the original bug, PR 20183, was later fixed:

> but I confess to missing the preceding 400->300 change at the time.
> That leads to what is in trunk/2.2.

Interesting history - thanks.

> I agree that the intended behaviour of the original code was intuitively
> correct, only >= 400 errors should be overriden, and adding
> configuration foo to try to maintain "compatibility" is adding
> complexity to cover up a screw-up.  Nobody actually *wants* 3xx errors
> to be overrided here, it makes no sense.

Quite. Are you happy with
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=19579 then? It's my
patch from the bug I closed as a dupe of 39245. I've just checked it
still applies cleanly to current trunk.

Cheers

--
Stuart Children
http://terminus.co.uk/

Visit Guardian Unlimited - the UK's most popular newspaper website
http://guardian.co.uk http://observer.co.uk
The Newspaper Marketing Agency
Opening Up Newspapers
http://www.nmauk.co.uk

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also
be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify
the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately.
Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use
the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.

Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer
viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this
e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited
A member of Guardian Media Group PLC
Registered Office
Number 1 Scott Place, Manchester M3 3GG