httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Kotes <count-li...@flatline.de>
Subject Re: rotatelogz - gzipping rotatelogs variant without APR
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:58:47 GMT
Hello,

* Andy Armstrong <andy@hexten.net> [20070417 15:37]:
> >It might be useful to someone else, so please find it attached for
> >inclusion. I hereby place it under the Apache License 2.0 and transfer
> >all relevant rights to the Apache Software Foundation.
>
> You could do a version of mod_log_rotate too if you fancy :)
>
> [1] http://www.hexten.net/mod_log_rotate/

yeah, but it wouldn't be of any additional use for me :) it's even
unlikely that I'll have any further additions/changes to rotatelogz as
it is ...

For those interested:
- logging to FIFOs
- reading those FIFOs and other thinks via syslog-ng
- writing via syslog-ng
- syncing to upstream via rsync over stunnel

Cheers ;)

   Andreas

--
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." -- H.L.Mencken