httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Module Crashes if build as a shared object
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:58:15 GMT
On 2/28/07, MKhurana@in.safenet-inc.com <MKhurana@in.safenet-inc.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> One of my apache module crashes if it is used as shared module but works
> fine if it is build as static module.

Watch out for static variable usage in your module.  That's a common
cause of this type of problem.  Static variables don't retain their
values between the multiple calls to the post-config hook when your
module is built as a DSO.

> Also it was working fine as shared module before I upgraded to kernel 2.6
> and glibc 2.3.4.

shrug

> Following is the back trace
>

> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
> #1  0xb7d43bbb in pthread_setspecific () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
> #2  0x080c92de in child_main (child_num_arg=0) at worker.c:1258

child_main doesn't call pthread_setspecific(), so some info is missing
or just incorrect.

I'd recommend stepping through your module's initialization hooks and
looking for unexpected behavior.